Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences R&R Discussion Archive Topic #4241
Reading Topic #4241
David Spradlin
unregistered user
Mar-25-09, 05:55 PM (EST)

"R&R -Error-Cannot Match Printer"

I am running CMS Windows 2009 with R&R report writer for windows xbase version 12. I can print everything fine from my Server, but cannot print Quotes or Print/Save Invoices in the Order Entry Module
from my Client Computers. Everything else prints fine from the clients. I get the Error Message: Cannot Match Printer or Port in Control File. I do not know where or what the Control File is. All of my printers are Network Printers and Shared. Does anyone have any ideas what I have set up wrong?

Printer-friendly page | Top
kfleming
Member since Jun-22-06
462 posts
Mar-26-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kfleming Click to send private message to kfleming Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: R&R -Error-Cannot Match Printer"
In response to message #0

The control file is named CMSRUNIN.DBF and it is in the root of your cougar folder. When you run a report in Cougar, the printer name that you have selected is written to the RI_WPTR field in the control file. (Cougar does this behind the scenes for you.) The error says that when RRWRUN.EXE reads that field, it cannot find that named printer in your current environment. Is the printer name really long?

Kathleen
R&R Support

David Spradlin
unregistered user
Mar-26-09, 01:40 PM (EST)

2. "RE: R&R -Error-Cannot Match Printer"
In response to message #1

Kathleen,

Thanks for your help. The control file name gave me a starting place.
Yes, I think maybe my printer names are long. This is an example of the RI_wprnt and RI_wport fields from the CMSRUNIN.DBF File:

My Server shows the printer as:

Epson LQ-2180 ESC/P2 The Port is LPT2

The Client Machines show the printer as:
\\LSI2\EPSON LQ-2180 ESC/P2 The Port is NE01
My Server is Named LSI2

The NE01 port confuses me just a little. I think it has to do with it being used as a Network printer versus a Local printer to the server.

The thing that has me confused is that I can print from all of the other clients and can print from all of the modules including Order Entry. It only fails to print from Quote and Save/Print. These are also the only 2 places that I do not get the Windows Print Dialog Box to choose the printer and Invoice format to use.

I hope this helps. It is inconvenient to have to close the invoice and go to the Print Invoices routine everytime we want to quickly print an invoice. Plus the "only" way I can print a quote is from the server machine.

Thanks again for your help.

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic