Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences R&R Discussion Archive Topic #4248
Reading Topic #4248
mcarcione
unregistered user
Apr-02-09, 02:12 AM (EST)

"Cannot create/edit R&R reports"

Hello,

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 with R&R report writer for windows xbase version 10. When I start a *.rrw file I get this error :
"User function access error". The suggestions that are in the R&R Help didn't solved my problem. The error occurs also when I try generating a report. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Printer-friendly page | Top
kfleming
Member since Jun-22-06
462 posts
Apr-03-09, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kfleming Click to send private message to kfleming Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Cannot create/edit R&R reports"
In response to message #0

Do you get this error if you double click RRW.EXE from windows explorer?
If yes, is there a file named RRWLINK.INI in the same folder as RRW.EXE?
If yes, check the path that is set in that file and make sure that it is a valid location.

Kathleen
R&R Support

mcarcione
unregistered user
Apr-06-09, 03:48 AM (EST)

2. "RE: Cannot create/edit R&R reports"
In response to message #1

Hello Kathleen,

After editing the RRWLink.ini file the reports worked again.
But when I open a report the following error message appears :
"Error opening report dictionary file. Verify that your Options File Settings Report dictionary settings are correct" when I click on "Ok" the report appear and I can edit it. Then I looked in the File Settings but there I never wrote anything (it's empty). After editing the report I tried to save the report but then appears :
"Librarian is not available or installed incorrectly. Call for support. SPEC.DBF is missing. When I click on "Ok" it saves the report but I'd like to edit and save the reports without this error messages. Do you have any idea what's wrong?

kfleming
Member since Jun-22-06
462 posts
Apr-15-09, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kfleming Click to send private message to kfleming Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
3. "RE: Cannot create/edit R&R reports"
In response to message #2

Edit the file RRW.INI (it should be in your Windows folder) and in the DEFAULTS section add the lines:

LIBRARIAN=OFF
DICTIONARY=0

Kathleen
R&R Support

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic