Can^t print in Cougar Mountain

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Nick_I_(Guest)

==========> RE: Can^t print in Cougar Mountain

Post by Nick_I_(Guest) » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:38 pm

Norton seems to stop certain files from executing from within another application. I havent run into this yet with R&R, but I have seen Norton Internet Security force a user to configure an application as "safe" (rather than a virus).____Any chance this could be happening to you? ____Norton has a way to identify a specific application and not scan it. It may also allow you to specify an application as safe to trigger another application.

Debbie_(Guest)

===========> RE: Can^t print in Cougar Mountain

Post by Debbie_(Guest) » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:30 pm

I checked into options I have with Norton Antivirus. It looks like you can list file extensions to exclude from auto protect.____I just don^t know which file extensions to list. They have *.dbx and *.nch already listed.

kfleming

============> RE: Can^t print in Cougar Mountain

Post by kfleming » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Try adding .RRW to the list.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Debbie_(Guest)

=============> RE: Can^t print in Cougar Mountain

Post by Debbie_(Guest) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:51 pm

I added .RRW to the list and it still doesn^t print. I^ve added cougar mountain to the exclusion list and still no luck. I^ve deleted Report Writer 9.0 and still no luck. I added system volume information to the exclusion list and now I do get the report writer icon on the taskbar but it still doesn^t jump into the sort. Then the computer locks up and I have to reboot. Any other suggestions?

kfleming

==============> RE: Can^t print in Cougar Mountain

Post by kfleming » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:06 am

If you disable Norton, does the problem go away? Maybe it is not the real source of what is going wrong.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Debbie_(Guest)

=> RE: Can^t print in Cougar Mountain

Post by Debbie_(Guest) » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:20 pm

If I disable Norton I still have the same problem. If I uninstall Norton everything works fine again that^s why I thought it was a problem with Norton.