Auto-emailing a report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
jefffried

Auto-emailing a report

Post by jefffried » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:37 pm

__I^m not sure if this is possible, but I want to be able to email a report to someone every day at a specific time, automatically. Can this be done with the R&R email capabiity?____I realize I would need to set up a scheduled event in Windows, the event being the R&R report set to, I think, exporting using MAPI.____Please advise if this works seamlessly once set up, without any need for intervention.____Thanks.

jefffried

=> RE: Auto-emailing a report

Post by jefffried » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Adding to the previous message, I forgot to mention that auto-sending an email would be done using R&R^s runtime module. Can do?

kfleming

==> RE: Auto-emailing a report

Post by kfleming » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:51 am

You would need a available R&R designer license and can use the command line:____RRWRUN.EXE /M"c:myreportsemail report.rrw"____This will tell runtime to email the report email report.rrw using the saved export to MAPI settings.____Kathleen__R&R Support__Kathleen__R&R Support

Paul

===> RE: Auto-emailing a report

Post by Paul » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:03 pm

this does work, but is there a work around for the Outlook security settings? It is requiring a yes/no decision from the user, so wont auto-send________>You would need a available R&R designer license and can use __>the command line: __>__>RRWRUN.EXE /M"c:myreportsemail report.rrw" __>__>This will tell runtime to email the report email report.rrw __>using the saved export to MAPI settings. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

kfleming

====> RE: Auto-emailing a report

Post by kfleming » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:16 am

There are some third party utilities that can disable the Outlook warning messages.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Rick_Johnson_(Guest)

=====> RE: Auto-emailing a report

Post by Rick_Johnson_(Guest) » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:55 am

If you will Google the word CLICKYES, you will get a very nice utility to do what you want. It is shareware with professional version with more features. But, it works.