How to save Paper Source?

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bruce_Gardner_(Guest)

How to save Paper Source?

Post by Bruce_Gardner_(Guest) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:11 pm

Hello:____When I use File | Page Setup, I can change the "Paper Source" destination (ie. "Auto select"). When I exit the report, R&R detects a change and allows me to save the file.____But when I re-open the report, the "Paper Source" has returned to what it was originally (ie. "Upper tray").____-Am I correct that "Paper Source" can be assigned independently for each report?__-Is there a default, initial setting somewhere in R&R?__-Why isn^t the change successfully saved?____I am using Version 11.____Thank you.__

kfleming

=> RE: How to save Paper Source?

Post by kfleming » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:25 pm

On some printers with a large number of paper sources, we do not correctly remember the saved paper source which is likely the bug you are seeing.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bruce_Gardner_(Guest)

==> RE: How to save Paper Source?

Post by Bruce_Gardner_(Guest) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:35 pm

Kathleen:____That seems to describe our situation. There are 7 possible Sources here for our in-office printer. However, our client with fewer options CAN save the Paper Source - that^s good news.____Naturally I would like to avoid having the client reset the Paper Source with each revision of the report I deliver.____Is there any work-around? Thank you.____

kfleming

===> RE: How to save Paper Source?

Post by kfleming » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:11 pm

No work around other than using a driver that provides fewer paper sources.____Kathleen__R&R Support