Fatal Error when running report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bruce_Gardner_(Guest)

Fatal Error when running report

Post by Bruce_Gardner_(Guest) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Hello Kathleen:____I have designed a report for a client that works, usually. It has 13 parameters (mostly in pairs of From & To). One of the parameters is a string which I parse during the report with STRSEARCH as a factor in determining which records to include.____However if they use a string of longer than 10 characters, the report will fail with the message "Fatal error, save and exit program (9)".____This result is consistent and happens on both the client^s PC and mine.____Questions:__-Is there a typical cause for this error?__-Is version 12 a solution?____Version 11, Build 11.1.009____Thank you.

kfleming

=> RE: Fatal Error when running report

Post by kfleming » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Try deleting the parameter and then building a new parameter and see if it helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bruce_Gardner_(Guest)

==> RE: Fatal Error when running report

Post by Bruce_Gardner_(Guest) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 am

Hello:____The result is the same after deleting & recreating the parameter. However I can add the following diagnostic information:____-The error occurs during the "Merge" stage__-It comes up twice immediately in succession__-There is no error if there are no records found (there^s no Merge I guess)__-It^s not the volume of selected records because if I loosen the parameters to select all records, there is no error.____Further thoughts? Thank you.__

Bruce_Gardner_(Guest)

===> RE: Fatal Error when running report

Post by Bruce_Gardner_(Guest) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:59 am

Update: I deleted a Calculated field that referred to the Parameter, recreated it and the error message has disappeared. I^m skeptical of that as a solution but I have run 10 consecutive tests with no error.____So, for now, I^ll consider the problem solved. Thank you.