Conditional Line Printing

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Peter_Cseh_(Guest)

Conditional Line Printing

Post by Peter_Cseh_(Guest) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:15 pm

I am having a problem with conditional line printing. I am trying to only print some lines on the first page, and only if certain data exists. My condition is: reportpage()=1 .and. tsd_ships>0____I suspect the problem is caused by tsd_ships which is a pre-processed total, but I do not understand why. If tsd_ships>0 then no matter what the line prints. ____Any help would be appreciated.____Thanks,__pete

kfleming

=> RE: Conditional Line Printing

Post by kfleming » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:15 pm

It is really the reportpage() that is causing the problem. R&R really should not let you even use reportpage() as a logical field condition. Page related functions should not be available to control line printing.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Peter_Cseh_(Guest)

==> RE: Conditional Line Printing

Post by Peter_Cseh_(Guest) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:58 am

ok, then how how can I accomplish this? I only want this preprocessed data to appear on the 1st page, but it cannot be in the title section because it has to appear below things like "company name" etc and these appear on each page.____Thanks,__pete

kfleming

===> RE: Conditional Line Printing

Post by kfleming » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 am

Try using individual calculated fields based on the condition rather than a logical line condition.____Kathleen__R&R Suppport