memory?

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Lynn_Coggshall_(Guest)

memory?

Post by Lynn_Coggshall_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:22 am

Hi *,__I am having a very strange problem. I^m pushing out my first version of R&R 11. I^m having some problems. The reports run idependent of my program. I^ve had this happen in the past and I just added an autoexec.bat with SET 16M=:2MB and this would work. Now, it is not working. I^ve set my rrw.ini to point where my rrwrun.exe is located. This MAY have worked on one machine, but not the others. Whenever I have had these kind of problems in the past it is usually a memory issue. Anyone have any ideas? I^m calling the reports with the /b switch. Now, this was good in past programs, but I dont^ see it in the new version (11) and I can not remember what it is for. I^m going to load 8&9 versions and see if I can find what this is. Please, if anyone has any inspiration or thoughts on something I may have missed, please, please help. I have a customer down. Bummer....____thanks all,__Lynn

kfleming

=> RE: memory?

Post by kfleming » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:33 am

The 16M variable was for back in the DOS days.____What is going wrong when you try to run the reports?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Lynn_(Guest)

==> RE: memory?

Post by Lynn_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:21 am

The reports do not run. They run outside of the program 100%, but not within. We have been testing for weeks and everything worked fine on the test workstation, but when we put it on all the other workstations,it stopped working.__All workstations have the same amount of memory.__Thanks,__Lynn__

Lynn_(Guest)

===> RE: memory?

Post by Lynn_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:45 am

By the way, there is no error. The rrunout says the report ran fine. I didn^t get alot of time to test this, so I will try and delete the rrunout and run the report under my program and see if the report is doing anything. I^ll let you know.__Thanks,__Lynn

Lynn_(Guest)

====> RE: memory?

Post by Lynn_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:46 am

One more thing, the memory on the machines is 512k.__Thanks,__Lynn

Lynn_(Guest)

=====> RE: memory?

Post by Lynn_(Guest) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 am

No rrunout.dbf being created. TElls me the report is not running. Any thoughts anyone? My client is down. ____Thanks,__Lynn

kfleming

======> RE: memory?

Post by kfleming » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:33 am

If the reports run outside of your program but not from within, then it is something about the program environment. Can you try a test where you call a different executable (rather than rrwrun.exe) to see if that EXE runs? If the machine just has 512K then maybe it is memory. If that is the case, a hardware update might be the only solution.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Lynn_(Guest)

=======> RE: memory?

Post by Lynn_(Guest) » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Kathleen,__Now they have stopped printing all together. Can not print outside of the program. Do you have any suggustions?____LYnn

kfleming

========> RE: memory?

Post by kfleming » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:59 am

If you double click execute rrwrun.exe, do none of the reports appear on the display?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Lynn_(Guest)

=========> RE: memory?

Post by Lynn_(Guest) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi everyone,__I wanted to let you all know the outcome of my situation, just in case anyone ever has this problem. I was working on a customer^s data and my harddrive filled up without my knowledge. I exported my application files and worked on my reports without knowing there was no space on my harddrive. When I realized I was out of space, I deleted what I could, saved what I could in a ^possible corrupted^ directory and uninstalled all my deveopment programs and re-installed. This fixed my problem, although, I still think a couple of my reports didn^t make it. Luckily, they are small, easy to replace, reports.____Thank you to all who responded. It is much appreciated.__Take care,__Lynn__