Run VFP prg when SQL report is done

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Conrad_S

Run VFP prg when SQL report is done

Post by Conrad_S » Thu May 10, 2007 2:13 pm

I am using RR Infinity SQL to create a VFP dbf. When it is done, I want to call/execute/run a VFP program. Any ideas?

kfleming

=> Run VFP prg when SQL report is done

Post by kfleming » Mon May 14, 2007 9:09 am

You could lauch rswrun.exe from the VFP program and create the DBF before running the code that will use that DBF.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Conrad_S

==> RE: Run VFP prg when SQL rep^s done

Post by Conrad_S » Tue May 22, 2007 7:49 am

I^m not familiar. If I run rswrun.exe from VFP, how will I know within the VFP program when the table is created so that I can start working on it?

SolarisW_(Guest)

===> RE: Run VFP prg when SQL rep^s done

Post by SolarisW_(Guest) » Thu May 24, 2007 2:32 am

The Foxpro program should be able to Poll for the creation of the DBF.____do while !file("drive:/path/myfile.dbf" )__* warning this is an infinite loop if the file is never created__enddo______The prudent step at the start of the program would be to include the deletion of any prior created tables.____if file("drive:/path/myfile.dbf" )__dele file "drive:/path/myfile.dbf"__endif____After multi application of the program and the code might find an older version of the DBF and not pause.

Conrad_S

====> RE: Run VFP prg when SQL rep^s done

Post by Conrad_S » Fri May 25, 2007 2:19 pm

Thanks for the VFP pointers.