Error changing database

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

Error changing database

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 am

I have a report (12.5) set up against a SQL database, works fine. I have a .mdb copy of the SQL database and I am trying to point the .rsw to that file. I close the .rsw, then open it and change the datasource name. It says master table not found, no problem, I reselect the table name in the .mdb and now I get an error that says no table names found in my .mdb. I have done this plenty of times before with no issues. It then lets me open the ODBC program and when I close that there is a dialog box that says:____"Unable to find or load the setup DLL for "My Database"____WHats happening here?____thanks__Fred Emmerich__

kfleming

=> RE: Error changing database

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:38 pm

Can you successfully create a new report using the MDB datasource?____Kathleen__R&R Support

FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

==> RE: Error changing database

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Creating a new report did not work.

kfleming

===> RE: Error changing database

Post by kfleming » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Then you need to review the configuration of the data source. For MDB files you should explicitly select the MDB when you configure the data source.____Kathleen__R&R Support