User and passed input problems

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
ptirrell

User and passed input problems

Post by ptirrell » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:13 pm

I^m on R&R SQL edition, v12.____I have a report that returns data based on a date. I^ve created a parameteRR user-input field that prompts for a date. Fine, all is well and good.____I now want to schedule this report to run weekly, and pass into the date parameter to be the date previous to runtime (ADDDAYS(Date_rr,-1) would do the trick). So when I schedule things with RapidRunner, it prompts for user input, and there^s no way to do a function as the default for the user input parameter, as far as I know.____I see the RIPARAM() stuff in the help, but it sounds like I^ll lose my user-input parameter then.____What I want, is when I run the report adhoc or in testing, to have it prompt for input. But when I run it scheduled or automatically, I want it to use a calculated value. Can R&R do this? How? Thanks for any info!

kfleming

=> RE: User and passed input problems

Post by kfleming » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:15 am

Why not have two separate reports?____Kathleen__R&R Support

ptirrell

==> RE: User and passed input problems

Post by ptirrell » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:53 pm

>Why not have two separate reports? __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ____Because it would be nice to only have to maintain one report? ____Anyway, I ended up just changing it to use calc^ed fields always. If a user wants to rerun it with different dates, they^ll just have to open up the report and change the field definitions there.