"Resource file is not valid"

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
MikeN_(Guest)

"Resource file is not valid"

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi! ____I^m trying to run the R&R Design Wizard (Version 11.0.009) on a Windows 2003 server as a regular user, and I get a window titled "Microsoft Visual FoxPro" that says "The resource file is not valid. Overwrite it with a new empty one?" and it gives me "Yes" and "No" buttons. It appears as soon as I select my master table (from a Mail Order Manager database).____It doesn^t stop the wizard from working, but it sure is annoying. ____If I log in as administrator it doesn^t happen so I granted full rights to the app directory and RRW.ini in the Windows directory, no help.____Please advise, thanks!____MikeN

MikeN_(Guest)

=> RE: "Resource file is not valid"

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 pm

I forgot to add that I tried the "PDFDRIVER=0" in RRW.ini thing.____Thanks__MikeN

kfleming

==> RE: "Resource file is not valid"

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:44 am

Was R&R installed on the server as a server install and did you then run setup from the server to create the R&R program group on your machine and copy the required local files? It sounds like the Visual Foxpro libraries cannot be found. These would have been placed in your Windowssystem32 folder by the installation.____Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeN_(Guest)

===> RE: "Resource file is not valid"

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:36 pm

Neither; it was installed on the server as a client... Its a terminal server. ____The regular users probably don^t have rights to get to the VFP files in the system32 folder. Can you provide me a list of files that go in there so that I can give permissions to them?____Thanks...

MikeN_(Guest)

===> RE: "Resource file is not valid"

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:29 pm

** BUMP **____Any luck finding that list? Thanks...____MikeN

MikeN_(Guest)

=> RE: "Resource file is not valid"

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

I^ve figured it out. For those who are interested, grant full rights to:____- The application directory__- c:windows rw.ini__- c:windowssystem32foxuser.*__- c:windowssystem32vfp*.*____MikeN