scan problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
sparky06413

scan problem

Post by sparky06413 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:27 am

Hello,____I have created a report that will print a list of employees and types of transactions linked to each employee. The report groups employees by their classinfo related record. I want to limit the list to employees that have a classinfo of X. Some employees have multiple classinfo records. I have my query set to find all employees where CLASSINFO = X. When the relations are set as follows:____Master table_EMPINFO__Related__TRANSACTIONS_one to many__Related__CLASSINFO_one to one____The report runs and I get a list that works properly but only gives me employees where the first record in classinfo = X. If I remove the query I get a list of all employees grouped by the first record in the CLASSINFO table. ____I need the report to group them where any record in the CLASSINFO table = X. So I thought simply setting the CLASSINFO relation to scan would solve the problem.____When the relations are:____Master table_EMPINFO__Related__TRANSACTIONS_one to many__Related__CLASSINFO_one to many____The report finds zero records.____What am I doing wrong?____Thanks__

kfleming

=> RE: scan problem

Post by kfleming » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:28 am

Try this:__Set the relation to the CLASSINFO table as a scan.__Group the report by employee.__Create a calculated fields called CLASSTEST with the expression:__IIF(CLASSINFO = X,1,0)__Create a total field called HASX that is a sum of CLASSTEST that resets at the employee group and make this total pre-processed.____Then add a query that includes all records where HASX is greater than 0.____The report will show all employees that have a CLASSINFO record of X and will include all of their transactions and all of their CLASSINFO records.____Kathleen__R&R Support