Install On Vista

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
mike

Install On Vista

Post by mike » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:10 am

Hi,____I^ve just upgraded to R&R version 12 and it still does not install on Vista. Is there anyway I can do a manual install?____Also, Kathleen is there a release date yet for the Vista compatable installation?____Thanks,______Mike

kfleming

=> RE: Install On Vista

Post by kfleming » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:05 pm

If you install to another machine, you can then copy files to the Vista machine.____What error do you see when you try to install? Do you have Admin rights on the Vista machine?____Kathleen__R&R Support

mike

==> RE: Install On Vista

Post by mike » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi Kathleen,____"I get C:WindowsSYSTEM32CONFIG.NT. This required system file is missing. Choose ^Close^ to terminate the application."____What^s weird is that if I go to the command prompt and type edit config.nt in the c:windowssystem32 directory the file is there, but if I look for it in windows explorer it is not.____I^ve tried copying a dummy (empty) config.nt file and this does not work either with some access rights message, so I guess Vista is doing something strange.____Also, I am a domain admin.____Anyway I^ll try the copy and see how it goes.____Thanks,______Mike