R&R V12 closing when saving reports

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jimi_Chappell_(Guest)

R&R V12 closing when saving reports

Post by Jimi_Chappell_(Guest) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:21 pm

We are using R&R v12 in a Citrix environment. When users attempt to edit a report and save the changes, the application is closing without any error. This includes saving a report where the only thing that has changed is the data has been updated. Sporadically, it will either save the changes or not (have not identified a pattern for that at this point).____When I review the event logs for the server, the following message is found:____"The application, P:Pro rw rw.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 12/18/2007 @ 11:39:50.061 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 77BD399B (msvcrt!wscanf)"____Additionally, it does not close the profile on the Citrix server and the license does not release.____Finally, we have been having numerous messages when logging into the application that state the following:____"R&R has detected an auto recovery file for the report named ^report_name.RRW^. __Do you want R&R to try to recover this report?"____The report name will vary and is not always a report that the user was using prior to receiving the message.____I do not know if these are related and I have the full Event Viewer info available if you need to see it.____Any information you can provide would be appreciated.____Thanx,__Jimi Chappell__ADP Tech Support

kfleming

=> R&R V12 closing when saving reports

Post by kfleming » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:11 pm

In the Report Designer go to Options Preferences Auto Save and un-check the Save AutoRecover box and see if that helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jimi_Chappell_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R V12 closing

Post by Jimi_Chappell_(Guest) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:05 pm

We tested it and it was not the issue. Some of the users who are experiencing this problem do not have it enabled and it was disabled on my account, but I still had the problem.____One thing we have determined is that the application has switched from using the RRW.INI in the user profile to the RRW.INI file it creates in the RRW installation directory. Where is the path determined for the RRW.INI file? Prior to upgrading to either v11 or v12 it began to exhibit this behavior.____Thanx, and happy holidays to you.____Jimi Chappell__ADP Tech Support

Jimi_Chappell_(Guest)

===> RE: R&R V12 closing

Post by Jimi_Chappell_(Guest) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:06 pm

>We tested it and it was not the issue. Some of the users __>who are experiencing this problem do not have it enabled and __>it was disabled on my account, but I still had the problem. __>__>One thing we have determined is that the application has __>switched from using the RRW.INI in the user profile to the __>RRW.INI file it creates in the RRW installation directory. __>Where is the path determined for the RRW.INI file? Prior to __>upgrading to either v11 or v12 it began to exhibit this __>behavior. __>__>Thanx, and happy holidays to you. __>__>Jimi Chappell __>ADP Tech Support ____That should be "after upgrading to either v11 or v12".__Thanx,__Jimi

Jimi_Chappell_(Guest)

====> RE: R&R V12 closing

Post by Jimi_Chappell_(Guest) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Is there something in the application that designates where it looks for the ini file?__Thanx,__Jimi Chappell