Custom Paper Size Report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
docwally

Custom Paper Size Report

Post by docwally » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Hello all. I am printing custom size invoices to a dot matrix printer. I created a custom form using "Server Properties" in my O/S (Windows Server 2000), and assigned it to the printer saved within my RRW 12.1 invoice report format. All margins are set to "0" in Page Setup. The invoice prints fine with two exceptions. First, I^m experiencing "paper creep" which keeps advancing the "start" and "tear" positions on each successive invoice. I am constantly parking and reloading my continuous feed invoices to reset those positions. This is happening regardless of which workstation we print from.____Second, some of my workstations are printing invoices in a letter quality font rather than the "12CPI HSD" font specified in the report format. All of my workstations are Win XP Pro SP2 or SP3. All workstations are printing from the same mapped location and application on the network. ____Any suggestions on what I might try?

rwarden

=> RE: Custom Paper Size Report

Post by rwarden » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 am

It^s been some time since working with dot matrix printers, but I recall that the font selected in the report needs to be native to the printer (ex. Courier 10 pt) or there can be some "creep" in positioning.