rrw ocx

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
PTan

rrw ocx

Post by PTan » Wed May 07, 2008 8:37 am

Good afternoon.____I^ve been away from programming for several years and have just got back to it a couple of months ago.____I^ve inherited a project that uses VB6 (SP6), Report Writer 10.0.012, and XBase. The app uses a table containing various RRW report names and launches them based on which one was selected. Parameters are passed to the reports via RIPARAM. I^ve recently added a new report and for some strange reason, the parameters are not being passed. I^ve ran the app using the VB6 IDE and followed it through interrogating all the values for the RRReport1 property. Everything seems to be there but the RRW report is not receiving the parameters.____Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

kfleming

=> RE: rrw ocx

Post by kfleming » Thu May 08, 2008 8:40 am

And you are sure that the argument to the RIPARAM() function matches the value you are setting in the control? Does the report work if you use a text control file to set the value?____Kathleen__R&R Support

PTan

==> RE: rrw ocx

Post by PTan » Thu May 08, 2008 9:19 am

Found the problem. There were three parameters being passed to the report but the report only accepted two. Changed the report to accept three and voila, it works.____Just logged in and read the reply..., thanks Kathleen.