exception report

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
PTan

exception report

Post by PTan » Fri May 09, 2008 8:28 am

Good afternoon.____Does R&R ver. 10.0.012 allow you to create an exception report? When comparing two tables that have the same field that^s used for linking, I need to print out only records that have a field value in one table and not the other. I apologize if this question has been answered but I did perform a search on the keyword "exception" and there were no results.____Thanks in advance.__

kfleming

=> RE: exception report

Post by kfleming » Sat May 10, 2008 8:29 am

You could create a query to include records where field A is not equal to field B.____Kathleen__R&R Support

PTan

==> RE: exception report

Post by PTan » Mon May 12, 2008 7:18 am

Doh! Guess I^ve been out of it for some time.____Works like a charm. Thank you.

PTan

===> RE: exception report

Post by PTan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:09 am

Good morning.____We^re finding that the exception report doesn^t appear to work on orphaned records. I have a master table A and a relation to the same field in table B. This will work fine if there are records in table A that are not in table B. However, it appears that when there are records in table B that are not in table A (orphaned records?), nothing prints out. How would you set up tables A and B so that any records that are not in either table would appear? Would I have to create a separate report with table B as the master?____Thanks in advance.

kfleming

====> RE: exception report

Post by kfleming » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 am

You might be able to do it with a single complex multiple scan report but using 2 separate reports would be the easiest solution.____Kathleen__R&R Support