PDF query

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
John_Nicholas_(Guest)

PDF query

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Mon May 26, 2008 7:27 am

I use ver 1.59 of the Amyuni drivers in an auto install at my clients, to enable PDF printing. At some clients, and on my test system (XP sp 2) I can not print to PDF from R&R, although the printer shows in the printers list, and I can print from other applications. At other clients it works fine. What is the function of the file cdintf.dll?____I am using the -p switch in the install. Are there any other switches that might help? It appears that the PDF printer driver is installing correctly, but R&R ignores it / does not see it. Administrator rights used on the install.

kfleming

=> RE: PDF query

Post by kfleming » Fri May 30, 2008 10:41 am

CDINTF.DLL is the main pdf driver interface file.__Is the problem limited to the specific user or to a specific machine?____Kathleen__R&R Support

John_Nicholas_(Guest)

==> RE: PDF query

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Kathleen____I have the problem at 2 clients, and on my test server. On other clients and my development server all is ok for PDF printing. Are there any other switches for install.exe that might work, or registry entries / rrw.ini entries I could try? My test server is running XP pro SP2. ____Regards____John

kfleming

===> RE: PDF query

Post by kfleming » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:37 am

Does the user have permission to install a printer?__When you run the install program, does it show success or is there any error message?____Kathleen__R&R Support

John_Nicholas_(Guest)

====> RE: PDF query

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:38 am

The user has administrator rights, and can install other printers. It appears that the PDF printer installs fine, although according to the log file there is an error shown: error code 3000 The specified print monitor is unknown. This is in the Removing existing PDF monitor section. After installing the PDF printer appears in the windows printer list. The first time R&R runs, even on a screen print, the printer disappears from the list. I am using :-__install "R&R PDF Export" -p____I see a problem in the Ports properties: there are 2 ports called PDF: and the printer (R&R PDF export) is installed for both. I am unable to delete either of the ports, windows gives the error - "Selected port can not be deleted. Operation could not be completed". I am assuming this is an issue?____I see that on my working environment (also XP Pro SP2) there is no R&R PDF Export printer in the printers list, but printing to PDF works fine.

kfleming

=====> RE: PDF query

Post by kfleming » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:08 am

Try adding the line:____PDFDRIVER=0____to the DEFAULTS section of RRW.INI____This will tell R&R not to install or remove the PDF export driver.__This should leave the copy of the driver from the install.exe as operational within R&R.____Kathleen__R&R Support

John_Nicholas_(Guest)

======> RE: PDF query

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:11 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver just to be sure. The PDF printer appears in the windows list of printers. Added PDFdriver=0 to rrw.ini. Printer stays in the list, but no joy on PDF print, get __"Cannot open file: mypathmyfilename.pdf" ____If PDFdriver=1, then printer is removed after print, and error is the same.____Using rrw.ini in the c:windows folder. Copying to application folder has the same result. ____On my working system I have PDFdriver=1. Been grappling with this problem for about a year now, using R&R ver 10, but also have infinity, not yet rolled that out, wanted to try and understand this issue.____Regards______John__

kfleming

=======> RE: PDF query

Post by kfleming » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Is this using the report designer or is it a runtime application?____Kathleen__R&R Support

John_Nicholas_(Guest)

========> RE: PDF query

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:10 am

On my test system I have R&R installed, and am using the runtime installed to the application folder. On my client systems using the runtime engine from the application folder. The device installer is run, and the runtime DLL^s are copied and run from the application folder. Using rrwrun.exe...____John