Print to a PDF from the Runtime

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
aonucyuyaw

Print to a PDF from the Runtime

Post by aonucyuyaw » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:56 am

I have a large number of reports I want to output as PDFs using the runtime. ____I have looked in the Runtime Users Manual and do not find anything concerning PDF output.____Is there another document I need to look at, or some other source of how to accomplish this?____Thanks.

kfleming

=> RE: Print to a PDF from the Runtime

Post by kfleming » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:59 am

In your control file you would use:____RI_PRINTER=__RI_WPTR=R&R PDF Export__RI_OUTFILE=C:outputmyfile.PDF____to create the file C:outputmyfile.PDF using the R&R PDF Export printer driver.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Speedy Cash

==> RE: Print to a PDF from the Runtime

Post by Speedy Cash » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 am

My control file is shown below. Working great on development PC, but on the customer^s PC it^s getting "Cannot match printer or port in control". What am I missing?____ri_report=ReportsINVOICE.RRW__ri_printer=__ri_wptr=R&R PDF Export__ri_outfile=C:WWEMAILinvoice.pdf__ri_Scope=O__ri_LoScope= 44950__ri_HiScope= 44950____Dennis Sykes____>In your control file you would use: __>__>RI_PRINTER= __>RI_WPTR=R&R PDF Export __>RI_OUTFILE=C:outputmyfile.PDF __>__>to create the file C:outputmyfile.PDF using the R&R PDF __>Export printer driver. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

DCSykes

===> RE: Print to a PDF from the Runtime

Post by DCSykes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 am

Any suggestions?____Dennis Sykes____>My control file is shown below. Working great on development __>PC, but on the customer^s PC it^s getting "Cannot match __>printer or port in control". What am I missing? __>__>ri_report=ReportsINVOICE.RRW __>ri_printer= __>ri_wptr=R&R PDF Export __>ri_outfile=C:WWEMAILinvoice.pdf __>ri_Scope=O __>ri_LoScope= 44950 __>ri_HiScope= 44950 __>__>Dennis Sykes __>__>>In your control file you would use: __>>__>>RI_PRINTER= __>>RI_WPTR=R&R PDF Export __>>RI_OUTFILE=C:outputmyfile.PDF __>>__>>to create the file C:outputmyfile.PDF using the R&R PDF __>>Export printer driver. __>>__>>Kathleen __>>R&R Support __

kfleming

====> RE: Print to a PDF from the Runtime

Post by kfleming » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:44 am

Something is preventing the installation of the driver on that machine. What happens if you try the install program that is in the PDFFILES folder on the R&R install CD?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Wolfgang

=====> RE: Print to a PDF from the Runtime

Post by Wolfgang » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:07 am

Hello,__how can I use for example RI_Printer with the ? in a xabse++ programm?__Thanks__Wolfgang__