Calling RR 12.5 via DLL

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
John_Nicholas_(Guest)

Calling RR 12.5 via DLL

Post by John_Nicholas_(Guest) » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 am

Hi, ____I^ve been using control files to call my RR reports for years and I thought I would see if the DLL direct call works. I took a simple report and I can make it execute via DLL calls. What is tripping me up though is if I set the index using setMasterIndexInfo. I get error "master Index disrepancy" no matter what I do. If I don^t set it, the report executes fine, but with the default index. I have set the master table using setMasterTableName with the full path. I have also tried setDataDir with the full path. ____I even took the results from getMasterIndexInfo and plugged them back into setMasterIndexInfo unchanged and the error occurs. There is no rrw.ini in the target data folder, it lives in c:windows. I am using Xbase++ 1.90.355 and RR Infinity 12.5

cstrasser

=> RE: Calling RR 12.5 via DLL

Post by cstrasser » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:19 am

What is the path to your master index? I^ve seen some situations where paths with spaces cause problems. If you can use the shortpath name to the file to remove the spaces or explicitly put quotes around the path it might work.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.