Conflicting report results

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
vandeboy

Conflicting report results

Post by vandeboy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:54 am

When I run an R&R report on Windows XP (32bit) using version 12.1.001 or 12.5.001 of Report Writer I get zero records found. This is the expected and correct result.____When I run the exact same R&R report against the exact same database on Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) using version 12.1.001 or 12.5.001 of Report Writer I get 85 records found. This is not the correct result.____I don_t understand how the exact same report and exact same data can give two different results on different versions of Windows. Could there be a setting in Report Writer that needs changed for Windows 7?____Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.__

cstrasser

=> RE: Conflicting report results

Post by cstrasser » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:48 pm

There^s no inherent reason I can think of why this would happen. However, there may be some database issues.____For instance, if you^re using R&R Xbase Edition, you might have the report set to display Deleted records in the database (main menu / format / record layout) and then lower right corner.____It^s also possible that you^re querying against a number that you expect to be zero (and was in XP), but isn^t exactly zero in Windows 7 (greater precision?). Try using a rounding function to decrease the precision.____Finally, which records are appearing in your set of 85? Are they random or is something about them not being handled the same way in your new OS?
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.