Print one record based on another

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
MikeN_(Guest)

Print one record based on another

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:28 am

Hi Kathleen! I know you know Mail Order Manager to some extent and hopefully you can help me...____The PRICE table contains special pricing information, one record for each price level that a product may have. There are start and end date fields in the table for temporary pricing. What I^m trying to do is figure out how to tell R&R to print the sale price record if today is within that date window, otherwise print the standard price record.____Conditionally printing the sale price record based on the date is easy enough, but how do I NOT print the regular record if it prints the sale record??____Thanks!!____MikeN

kfleming

=> Print one record based on another

Post by kfleming » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:34 am

You could create a logical calculated field that returns a true when the date is in the price range.__You could have record two band lines and use this calc field for each. One would be a print when true and the other a print when false. ____Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeN_(Guest)

==> Print one record based on another

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:37 am

Like I said, printing the "sale" record when the date is valid is easy enough, I just don^t get how to NOT print the regular record. Let me give you an example:____ITEM START END PRICE__---- ----- --- -----__WidgetA $10__WidgetA 8/1/08 8/5/08 $8______The record without a date range is the "regular" price, but I want it to *not* print that record from 8/1 - 8/5. Instead, I want it print the "sale" record price of $8. Then, on 8/6, go back to printing the $10 price.____See my dilemma?____Thanks____MikeN

MikeN_(Guest)

==> Print one record based on another

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:37 am

Of course it stripped the spaces out of my table when it posted, try this:____ITEM......START.....END......PRICE____WidgetA......................$10__WidgetA...8/1/08....8/5/08...$8____I hope my example table makes sense... :(____Miken__

kfleming

===> Print one record based on another

Post by kfleming » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:42 am

I am sticking with my original idea.____You create a logical calculated field that returns a true when the date is in the price range.____You then have record two band lines the first with the regular price and the second with the sale price. Then you select each line and in line properties select this calculated field asthe field to control printing. It is the same calc field for each line but the first is set to print when true and the second is set to print when false. ____Kathleen__R&R Support________Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeN_(Guest)

====> RE:

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:29 am

I see what you^re saying but it doesn^t work because it^s not an "either/or" situation. It^s a "choose one of many" situation. Let me expand on the table...____item, start, end, price__-----------------------__WidgetA,,,$10__WidgetA, 10/1/08, 10/10/08, $9__WidgetA, 10/15/08, 10/20/08, $8__WidgetA, 10/25/08, 10/30/08, $7____...so the record without a date is the regular price and there are 3 other records with dates.____Today is 10/13/08, so I want it to print ONLY the regular price. Then, from 10/15 through 10/20, I want it print ONLY the $8 sale price... and so on.

kfleming

=====> RE:

Post by kfleming » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:09 am

Try this.____Use an item group footer.__Create two total fields. __REGPRICE will be a sum of price that resets by item. It will have the condition:__isblank(date_start)____SALEPRICE will also be a sum of price that resets by item. It^s condition will be:__inrange(date(),date_start,date_end)____Then create a calculated field called TODAYSPRICE with the expression:__IIF(SALEPRICE<>0,SALEPRICE,REGPRICE)____and place this on the item footer. It will show you today^s price.____Kathleen__R&R Support

MikeN_(Guest)

======> RE:

Post by MikeN_(Guest) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Brilliant, as usual.____Thanks again!____MikeN