sqlexpress connection problem

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Janice_(Guest)

sqlexpress connection problem

Post by Janice_(Guest) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:45 am

I am trying to connect to an sqlexpress database under windows 7. I am using R&R Sql edition 12.5.001. I can connect to the sqlexpress db using msaccess and the odbc driver just fine but when I try in R&R there is no data retrieved (the field names show up). When I display the list of tables the table I want is out of order, it appears at the end. When I choose one that does show up in the order the same behaviour occurs - field names for creating report but when go to display there is no data. The sql statement being used is ____select__ "FormulaID", "Description", "FormulaClassID", "StatusID", "Notes", "RevisionDate", "RevisionTime"__ from __"dbo"."FMMast" FMMast ____Any help is appreciated.____

jgf

=> RE: sqlexpress connection problem

Post by jgf » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm

So, it turns out that my text fields are nvarchar and R&R^s driver can^t deal with them. The work around is to convert the nvarchar to straight char. I can use a view to set it up once and then set my reports on the view.____Thanks to the support desk.