Lookup of memo data

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Cliff__Wiernik_(Guest)

Lookup of memo data

Post by Cliff__Wiernik_(Guest) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:17 am

We currently use a text file to load in memo information for including__in a form letter type document. We had wanted to put the same text into character fields but it appears that the formatting of fonts and embedded fields does not work for the character fields. Is that correct.____I then tried to change the character field to a memo field and use the clookup function to load the meo field, but all it returns is a 8/13/18/23/28 instead of the memo data.____I dont want to setup 20 relations instead of 20 lookup variables. Is this possible, or is it not possible to do a lookup into a database and retrieve the contents of a memo field that I can embed fonts and data variables into.

kfleming

=> RE: Lookup of memo data

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:21 am

We do not have a lookup function for memo fields. So you would need to use a relation or add a text field to the report and create individual memos within the text field so that you could use them individually within the report.____Kathleen__R&R Support