SQL Joins, one to many issue

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Clyde_Coller_(Guest)

SQL Joins, one to many issue

Post by Clyde_Coller_(Guest) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:56 am

1) Converted fromn dbf to sql and now have one report that generates multiple records. I have a master stock file and a seocndary supplier file showing all suppliers tht can be used for purchasing each stock items. Some stock items have multiple suppliers and some do not have any suppliers.____In rrw the report generated one record for each stock item. Now, in rsw, I get additional records if there are multiple entires in the supplier file (one to many relationship). How do I avoid the extra records?____2) Could you give me an example of the solution you gave jgould on Multiple outer (left) joins. I have the same problem. It used Rapid Runner. Do I even have it? Using infinity 12.0 now.__

kfleming

=> RE: SQL Joins, one to many issue

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:10 am

If you group by stock number and put the stock information on a stock group header or footer band line, the information will appear only once per stock number in the report.____Kathleen__R&R Support