Export to Excel Chart at runtime

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
mricantech

Export to Excel Chart at runtime

Post by mricantech » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:47 pm

at the runtime i am specifying following parameters to export to excel chart and it does not work. ____can someone rectify me?____RI_OUTFILE = xyz.xls____RI_PRITNER = Excel Chart____RI_WPTR = Default____RI_EXPDST = F____(i also tried RI_OUTFILE = xyz)____it is giving me an error message:__Incomplete parameter list or invalid export type for Excel Chart____pls assist.____rgds____hemal______

mricantech

=> RE: Export to Excel Chart at runtime

Post by mricantech » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:58 am

sorry, forgot to mention - i am using 12.5001 xbase

cstrasser

==> RE: Export to Excel Chart at runtime

Post by cstrasser » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Hemal,__I modified one of my existing reports to test the process. The first thing you need to do is define the various components that will make up your Excel Chart export. Go into the File / Export OLE and select Excel Chart and identify your elements. Then save the report.____The shortcut I made, called MakeChart.RRS, looks like:____ri_report = x:profsvcslwactiononusstmt.rrw__ri_printer = Excel Chart__ri_expdst = F__ri_outfile = x:profsvcslwactiononuschart.xls__ri_wptr = default______When I double-clicked it, R&R created a file that I was able to load into Excel with no problem.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.