Duplicate lines & pages

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Clyde_Coller_(Guest)

Duplicate lines & pages

Post by Clyde_Coller_(Guest) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:44 am

12.0 Mail Order Manager sql database____Two weird (I think) problems.____1) I have a one page report generated from a customer record and an associated demgraph record. Run it several times a day and the report has not been changed.____For one customer the one page prints out twice with the only difference being the page #. This is a repeatable problem.____2) I have a report, similar to an invoice that uses an items table to list all of the items on an order plus some info from the order and customer records. For one order the items are duplicated (6 items and 12 lines). Checked the items table to verify that there are only 6 items for this particular order. This is a repeatable problem and also occurs on older orders for this customer. However, I have a copy of the same report printed last Sept where items did not print twice on the report. Don^t know if this is relevant but we were on a dbf database at the time. The report is run many times a day and has not changed.____One other pecularity. Both problems are on the same customer____Can anybody help?____

kfleming

=> RE: Duplicate lines & pages

Post by kfleming » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:54 am

If you look at the data in sql (or create a new report), is there possibly duplicate information stored in the file for that customer?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Clyde_Coller_(Guest)

==> RE: Duplicate lines & pages

Post by Clyde_Coller_(Guest) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:58 am

Duplicate Lines:__Checked the entries in the sql table and also wrote a new report looking at the one table for this customer/order but they only come up with 6 expected entires and no duplicates. Also, just ran the report again to confirm that the duplicate line problem still exists.____Duplicate page:__Just confirmed that this problem still exists also.

kfleming

===> RE: Duplicate lines & pages

Post by kfleming » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:20 am

Is there more than one record for this customer in the demograph table?____Try a simple report that starts with cust and links to demograph and is for this customer only.____I am still convinced that the problem has to be within the structure of the data.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Clyde_Coller_(Guest)

====> RE: Duplicate lines & pages

Post by Clyde_Coller_(Guest) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:54 am

You are right.____A more comprehensive search of the demgraph table revealed duplicate entires under the least important of the two customer numbers joined in the report (used alias = demgrapx).____Removal of the duplicate solved both problems. The duplicate record problem has been there since before the switch to SQL. Switch caused the joins to work differently, thereby exposing the problem.____Thanks for your help.____