Converting Xbase report to SQL

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
pbla1_wcc

Converting Xbase report to SQL

Post by pbla1_wcc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:47 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-09 AT 04:48 AM (EST)]I^m trying to convert an Xbase report to SQL. I^ve imported the DBFs into an Access Mdb keeping the table & field names unchanged, but when I run the conversion utility I get the error message:____ERROR: File read error on <filename>.RRW____with every RRW report I^ve tried so far.____All of the reports run without problems in the Xbase version.____I^m using v11.0.006.____Has anyone else had problems converting reports? Or found out how to fix this one?____Thanks,__ Peter

pbla1_wcc

=> RE: Converting Xbase report to SQL

Post by pbla1_wcc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 am

More info: I^m using the "Convert Xbase reports to SQL" entry on the menu, not the "report Converter" utility.____If I try using the utility (converting the report to SQL while still using the dbase files)it converts the report, but then gives an error ____DB access:[Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver]External table is not in the expected format____which is why I was trying the "Convert..." option!

kfleming

==> RE: Converting Xbase report to SQL

Post by kfleming » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Do you get the error when you try to open the converted report in the SQL Report Designer?____Kathleen__R&R Support

pbla1_wcc

===> RE: Converting Xbase report to SQL

Post by pbla1_wcc » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:57 am

Yes - R&R SQL just says "Invalid report type". If I click OK then I get "Library error (cannot open file) reading report <name>.rsw".

kfleming

====> RE: Converting Xbase report to SQL

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:53 am

Can you email the problem RRW file to me?____Kathleen__R&R Support__livesupport@livewarepub.com