file is already open error

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
mike

=============> RE: file is already open error

Post by mike » Tue May 07, 2002 1:51 pm

We use Novell 5.1 and just went to Win2k on on the desktops. On the conversion to W2k we switched to R&R9.0 from R&R6.5. We experienced the same problem as is mentioned above. To resolve I installed the R&R service pack files to the R&R program files directory and added the librarian=off to the default section of the RSW.ini file. All has been working ok now for 2 weeks and I can save the reports from the .rp6 files into stand alone report files fine. (Had to update to the latest Oracle ODBC driver to get the reports to completely work as they used to but that is a different problem.) Thanks Kathleen.

PeggyKu

==============> RE: file is already open error

Post by PeggyKu » Sat Jul 13, 2002 6:30 pm

Hi, stuck on this one today....file already open. Tried saving the .rp5 as an 8.1 and 8.0 to see if there was any difference. Nope.__Tried the LIBARARIAN=OFF in the rrw.ini. Nope.____Resolved it by not sending the database filename as a parameter (leaving it empty) but having the file selected in the program that matched the alias name in the report. ____This could probably be many things besides this one but this is what resolved my situation.____Peggyk

Mary_S._(Guest)

===============> RE: file is already open error

Post by Mary_S._(Guest) » Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:52 pm

I^m not sure I understand what you did to fix this problem - could you elaborate?__We have been struggling with this problem since upgrading to 8.1. Win2000 and Novel 5.1.__Awhile back Jogn Hand mentioned the following solution in this forum:__ "We used to get these errors on our Netware 5.x network and changed a server setting to release files quicker and this fixed the problem."__But we can^t seem to find that setting - if Jogn or anyone else reading this can give us a clue....__Thanks__

Sanchosada

================> RE: file is already open error

Post by Sanchosada » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:50 pm

This is a Novell issue that may be related to this issue.____We just solved a long time issue with one client and this may solve yours. If the runtime is from a shared network drive, and multiple people are trying to print. We needed to use the /O parameter when calling the R&RRuntimes to make a seperate RRRUNOUT file for each user.____On a Novell Network, the first client who runs a report seems to work fine, but the next person to run a report sees the first page, but when they try to go to the 2nd page, the R&R runtime closes, and goes back to our program that calls the runtime. This is V8.1 using Visual Foxpro 7.0 on a Novell 5.0 Network. We have no problems with this issue on a Microsoft NT/2000 Network.______