Can^t find tables

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

Can^t find tables

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:33 am

I have RR12 and have been using it on a SQL datasource for a while. Now when I try to create a new report or modify an existing one, I get an error box that says "No table names were found for this data source". I have repaired and compacted the .mdb file with no luck. My other app which uses the .mdb does not seem to have any trouble.____Any ideas?____Fred

kfleming

=> RE: Can^t find tables

Post by kfleming » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 am

Did you explicitly select the MDB when you defined the data source in the ODBC manager?____Kathleen__R&R Support

FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest)

==> RE: Can^t find tables

Post by FRED_EMMERICH_(Guest) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:38 am

Yes I did. I had been using R&R on it previously with no issues. I can also access other database with no trouble. This one crashed yesterday and the trouble started after that, but only with R&R, Access and my other app seem to not have any issues since the database was repaired.____I even created a new database by "transporting" the data from this one (transport is the way my app creates a copy of the database) and the new database has the same trouble. I tried doing a regular file copy, no luck. I recreated the ODBC connections, no luck.____Fred