Calculated field is not calculating

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
ckrause

Calculated field is not calculating

Post by ckrause » Tue Dec 18, 2001 6:00 am

Hello,____I have set of some reports with multi currency, R&R Version 8.1____The price for EUR is a field in the database (menuprice) and the price for DEM is a calculated field (str(menuprice*1,95583,9,2))____For example: __Report brings the correct Prices:__price EUR 17,00__price DEM 32,25____Now it happens that on one PC the Report does not calculate the DEM price. ____For example:____price EUR 17,00__price DEM 17,00____This happens only at one workstation (print and preview). All Workstations configured with NT 4 and 130 MB RAM.____Do you have any Idee?____Thanks in advance.____Claudia__

kfleming

=> Calculated field is not calculating

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:06 am

Are you sure that this is the exact same report?__What if you try another test calculation with expression:____menuprice*2__to see what it returns.____Also are the two fields on the same band line?________Kathleen__R&R Support

ckrause

==> RE: Calculated field is not calcula

Post by ckrause » Thu Dec 20, 2001 12:29 pm

Hi Kathleen,____yes, both fields are on the same band line.____I have tried this with your calculation - same result. Is it not strange, that the same report works on the other PC but not on this one?____Is there anything to take into account for the setup of the PC^s?____Regards____Claudia

kfleming

===> RE: Calculated field is not calcula

Post by kfleming » Thu Dec 20, 2001 5:15 pm

I have seen on maybe one or two other machines over the last 12 years or so, computation problems that seem to be due to hardware/cpu chip issues. It is extremely rare but might be what is going on here.____Make sure at least that no other programs are running while R&R is open. But if that does not help, then the only solution might be to not use this particular machine.________Kathleen__R&R Support

M._Hoffmann_(Guest)

=> Calculated field is not calculating

Post by M._Hoffmann_(Guest) » Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:15 pm

Hi Claudia!____Have you really written "1,95583" and not "1.95583" in your formula? That might be your problem.____HTH____Michael.__m.hoffmann@compar.net____P.S.: If you need the german runtime system, let me know.____

Spotloan

==> RE: Calculated field is not calcul

Post by Spotloan » Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:13 am

Hi Michael,____the calculation is correct and this report is working on the other machines too. It might be a hardware/chip problem like Kathleen supposed.__Thanks____Claudia