ParameteRR field refresh problems

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Suzanne1223

ParameteRR field refresh problems

Post by Suzanne1223 » Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:59 pm

I created a report with a ParameteRR field and no matter if the Replace with Input Value is checked or not, it appears the report will not refresh it keeps pulling up the default value records. The version number on the program is 9.0.009. Please let me know your thoughts on this issue. Thanks.____-Suzanne____

kfleming

=> ParameteRR field refresh problems

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:16 pm

Is this the SQL or the Xbase version?____Also do you have 8.1 and 9 running on the same machine (which would explain the problem you posted regarding 8.1 runtime..)__Kathleen__R&R Support

Suzanne1223

==> RE: ParameteRR field

Post by Suzanne1223 » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:37 pm

I am using R & R SQL Edition, and this machine had Arpeggio 2.0, and then purchased R & R SQL edition 9.0. Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks Kathleen.____-Suzanne

kfleming

===> RE: ParameteRR field

Post by kfleming » Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:19 am

Try this.__Create a calculated field whose expression is RR(tablefield)where tablefield is the field from your table that you are comparing to the parameteRR field in your filter.__Then edit the filter to use this calculated field in place of the table field.__Let me know if this works for you.____Kathleen__R&R Support______

jmolden

====> RE: ParameteRR field

Post by jmolden » Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:17 pm

>Try this. __>Create a calculated field whose expression is __>RR(tablefield)where tablefield is the field from your table __>that you are comparing to the parameteRR field in your __>filter. __>Then edit the filter to use this calculated field in place __>of the table field. __>Let me know if this works for you. __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support ______I also am having the same problem and I tried this, when I run the query it hangs up and I have to end the task to get out of the program.

Myxirkr

=====> RE: ParameteRR field

Post by Myxirkr » Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:18 am

A homegrown workaround :-)) I have a report which I want to print sorted various ways. I have a Parameter field named AskSort, which takes the input and sorts accordingly. The choices are F, P or S. Like Suzanne, I found out that when running the report more than once in a session, the sorting was not refreshed. I am running RR build 9.0.008, xBase w. Win 2000.__The solution is: 1. Create a calculated field named RefreshQry, whose syntax is: CASE(AskSort,"Q","*","q","*","F","*","f","*","S","*","s","*","*")__2. Add a text field from your database to the front of the query. It doesn_t matter whether you use the same field later in the query _ by putting it in the beginning you can use it for this purpose. Set that field to be Equal To the RefreshQry field.__Works like a charm - always!__