SQL Edition has stopped working

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
carolm_wgp

SQL Edition has stopped working

Post by carolm_wgp » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:04 pm

I have a very odd problem.I have converted several reports from dbase to SQL and everything has been running somewhat smoothly. I have one report that is now causing me headaches. When I attempt to open it, EVERY TIME I get a msg from WINDOWS stating that R&R SQL Edition has stopped working and will be shut down. All other reports I have tested seem to open just fine. I tried restarting my computer and nothing changed (this has helped with some issues in the past.) I tried re-creating the report and as soon as I get to a certain join, I get the msg again! When I open the exact same report (stored on our server) on my second computer, it opens with no issues!____Any ideas on what may be causing this and how to fix it??

kfleming

=> RE: SQL Edition has stopped working

Post by kfleming » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:05 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-10 AT 04:05 PM (EST)]On the second computer where the report can be opened is there a line that says ALWAYSRR=1 in the RSW.INI file?____Kathleen__R&R Support

carolm_wgp

==> RE: SQL Edition has stopped working

Post by carolm_wgp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 am

There is no such line on the second computer (or first)

kfleming

===> RE: SQL Edition has stopped working

Post by kfleming » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 am

There has to be something that is different on the working/non-working machines is really the only thing that I can tell you. Do they have the same version of R&R, same RSWSQL.INI, same data source configuration, same printers, same operating system?____Kathleen__R&R Support

carolm_wgp

====> RE: SQL Edition has stopped working

Post by carolm_wgp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:36 am

The really odd part is that it is not happening on EVERY report...only a couple. The reports that are not working now, worked when I first wrote them.