R&R 9 shuts down FinePrint printers

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Rich_Hamilton_(Guest)

R&R 9 shuts down FinePrint printers

Post by Rich_Hamilton_(Guest) » Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:35 pm

Hi!____When I run RRW.EXE or RRWRUN.EXE R&R often unloads two processes running in Task Manager, which makes it impossible to print to those two printers.____I have both FinePrint 2000 and FinePrint PDFFactoryPro installed on my computer as printers. When the computer starts up, a process is loaded for each utility that runs to dispatch print jobs to the correct driver. (One is called fpdisp4.exe, the other is fppdis1.exe.)____I can start RRW.EXE and one or the other, sometimes both processes disappear. This generally occurs before I even load a report file. While it does not always unload one of the processes, it almost always does.____With RRWRUN.EXE it seems to occur later, as I start to print the file. With the runtime it does not always occur, but about half the time.____I^m running RR 9 on Win2K.____Anyone have any ideas on how to keep this from happening?____Rich

Jeff_Ward

=> RE: R&R 9 shuts down FinePrint

Post by Jeff_Ward » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:32 pm

No solution for you, but thanks for letting me know what was happening on MY machine. It was driving me crazy!!!!!