RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Mel_Smith_(Guest)

RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:29 pm

Dear Friends,____ I noted in another post ( a few days ago) that when I executed__RRWRUN from my app via:____ SWPRUNCMD(" rw rwrun .......")____that the call to rrwrun worked properly.____ However, when rrwrun completed its task, I was left with a minimized command prompt on the Windows DeskTop. When I pressed the <Enter> key I was slipped quickly back in my maximized app (where I expected to be).____Question: How do I get back into my app automatically *without* pressing the <enter> key from Windows Desktop.____Thanks for any help offered !____-Mel__

kfleming

=> RE: RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Post by kfleming » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:26 pm

Afraid that this one is beyond the scope of my knowledge...____Kathleen__R&R Support

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

==> RE: RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:33 pm

Kathy,____ Thanks for commenting. ____ Is there anyone else out there who uses the Blinker 5.1 linker, and ^calls^ RRWRUN thru the SWPRUNCMD() function from their Clipper DOS app??____ Would like to communicate and exchange hints !____TIA,____-Mel Smith__

M._Hoffmann_(Guest)

===> RE: RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Post by M._Hoffmann_(Guest) » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:51 am

Hi Mel,____I^ve got what you need. It^s an EXE to "frame" the RRWRUN.EXE. Mail me your email address. Mine is: m.hoffmann@compar.cc____Kind regards,____Michael.

Charles_Morris_(Guest)

=> RE: RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Post by Charles_Morris_(Guest) » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:54 pm

What I do is set up a shortcut on the desktop to the program, set the propertes screen to window, not full screen & size to 10x18. __Then after R&R runs, the screen comes back.

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

==> RE: RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:44 pm

Charles Morris & M. Hoffman,____ Thanks for *both* your guidance.____ Will try both your ideas.____-Mel Smith__

Mel_Smith_(Guest)

===> RE: RRWRUN Returning from Windows

Post by Mel_Smith_(Guest) » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:58 pm

Dear Friends,____ Over this weekend, I received an idea from a friend in Australia (Ross MacKenzie). It worked (partly) (??)____ It involves the use of a freely-available library (OSLIB) that was created by Dave Pearson in the U.K. The function is called: OL_WinFullScreen() and works correctly in Win 98 but doesn^t work at all in Win XP (which my customer has). XP simply ignores the call (??)____ So, we^re still left with the WinXP platform. Most of the smart people on my other ng (comp.lang.clipper) say that its unlikely there would be an easy method/solution for handling this on XP.____ So, I^m waiting for a response from Michael Hoffmann that he has a ^wrapper^ to do this. (He offered this on an earlier post)____ Another possibility is making my app Win 95 compatible -- but that doesn^t solve the problem of my client having to change all *his* machines to Win95 compatibility (even if it *did* work).____ Anyway, the library I noted above *does* work for Win98 but NOT on XP.____-Mel Smith__