Export memo fields

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
steve

Export memo fields

Post by steve » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:58 am

Hello!____I trying to export an R&R report to a DBF file but... is there a way to export a memo field or at least the xx first characters? ____Thanks in advance______Steve__

kfleming

=> RE: Export memo fields

Post by kfleming » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:59 pm

If you use the SQL version you can create a calculated field that __does a LEFT(memofield,10)and export it to DBF.__But it has to be the SQL version..____Kathleen__R&R Support

steve

==> RE: Export memo fields

Post by steve » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:32 am

Thank you Kathleen,____now I am trying to convert my report to the SQL version. But I have a little question. My reports (RRW file) takes the information from several DBF tables located in different folders. I have tried to convert the report with the "Convert XBase reports to SQL" and "Report converter" utilities but when I open it I obtain an error message warning about a table (it seems it can not be located). Would you mind to help me telling me the way to convert this report? (I do not know if all the tables must be in the same folder or if is necessary to create a data source or...)____Thanks in advance and best regards,______Steve