R&R V10

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Sergio_(Guest)

R&R V10

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:03 am

Noticed version 10 has been announced. I passed a few urgent items to support/dev team and would like to know if any had been resolved:__1. ADS - Advantage Database Support__2. Allow to print printer "Escape" characters__3. Multiple tray support____Thanks...__Sergio

kfleming

=> RE: R&R V10

Post by kfleming » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:59 am

One and three will happen in a 10.1 release.__(We attended the Xbase++ DevCon this week so we are committed to supporting this arena)____Two is not in the immediate planning horizon.__Kathleen__R&R Support

Sergio_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R V10

Post by Sergio_(Guest) » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:42 am

Thanks for quick reply Kathleen!____Since this "bug" that does not allow R&R to print escape characters is not on the top list, can you provide me some alternatives on sending these ESC codes to the printer?____Just so you and your development team remember, I tried 10 different packages that print, and all 10 allow me to print/send <<PRINTER ESC codes>> to the printer. __1. Word__2. Notepad__3. Wordpad__4. Crystal Reports__5. Excel__6. Access__7. R&R DOS__8. Lotus 123__9. Wordperfect__10. Powerpoint____My point, I^m trying to pass is that software should not stop me from sending specific codes to the printer. R&R Windows is actually filtering out all PRINTER ESC CODES. This should never have been built into the code.____Once you solve this, it will allow me to select trays, load forms, unload forms, load graphic images into printer memory and so on....__I need full control of my printers. My team does some heavy duty programming in PCL (HP Printer Command Language) code. In order to satisfy my development team, this fix is extrememly important.____The work around I used today, is that my windows app is calling your R&R DOS runtime. Your DOS supports the printing pf <<ESC codes>>. I need a better alternative. I hate supporting this application because code exists to call RR DOS and RR Windows runtime files. What a mess.____It^s been almost 3-4 years now. I guess I^m the only one who needs this functionality. Do you guys see the benifit this fix will do? It will remove any constraints that are printer specific! The multi-tray support is a good example, you guys will offer fuctionality to fix this, but instead you should allow us to simply send the ESC codes to the printer and that unleashes the power of supporting multiple trays and whatever funcky stuff we what to do.____Waiting for your alternatives.__Thanks!__Sergio