Xbase to SQL

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Caruch

Xbase to SQL

Post by Caruch » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:37 pm

R&R v12. I had reports from Sage Pro FoxPro data that I want to convert to SQL. I have the FoxPro data converted to a SQL database, yet when I run the R&R SQL Wizard when it gets to the point that it should start converting I get:__Error: File Read error ?:??????? not found. Where the folder location in the error message is the folder that the data is in.__Everything is setup correctly, I am linked to the SQL, can_t figure out what I could be missing.

cstrasser

=> RE: Xbase to SQL

Post by cstrasser » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Are you literally getting the error with the question marks, or is R&R telling you that it can^t find the files? What typically happens is:__1. Reports are converted__2. You open the report and R&R complains that it can^t find the master table and asks if you want to choose a new data source. Answer NO__3. R&R asks if you want to reselect the table. Answer YES (note which DBF)__4. Select the SQL table that corresponds the DBF in the previous prompt.__4a. Continue with 3 / 4 until all tables in the report have been re-specified.__5. Note any field existence errors that may occur as the report opens and use the designer to address them. It may help to have the original Xbase report open as well to provide information on the original usage.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.

Caruch

==> RE: Xbase to SQL

Post by Caruch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 pm

The error message does not have the question marks, it does have the drice and folder that the report I am trying to convert is located in.__It never startes the actual conversion