U.S. vs Metric

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bob_Velke

U.S. vs Metric

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:01 am

If I design a RRW using the "U.S." measurement system (Control Panel > Regional Settings > Number > Measurement System) and then switch to metric and re-open the RRW (or just run the report on a metric system), then all of the spacings between objects are completely corrupted. This bug has existed for many years and has been reported previously.____I^m using R&R XBase v9.0. Is it fixed in v10??____-Bob

kfleming

=> RE: U.S. vs Metric

Post by kfleming » Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:15 am

We did not make any changes in this area in V10.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bob_Velke

==> RE: U.S. vs Metric

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:20 pm

Well, Kathleen, do you intend to fix it? Is it even on the radar?____As it stands, one can^t design a report with U.S. measurements and distribute it to users in metric countries. Doesn^t anyone recognize this as a serious limitation? Is R&R only intended for use on the machine on which the reports were designed?____-Bob

kfleming

===> RE: U.S. vs Metric

Post by kfleming » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:16 pm

I do not think that this is a across the board problem that impacts all reports. I just did a few quick tests of the sample reports that come with R&R by opening and printing on a US machine and then doing the same as metric. For me, they look like my daughters (who are identical twins and would groan deeply if they knew that I am comparing them to two reports.)ie. the same.____I know that reports with images go strange under metric and I think that there may indeed be other report specific features that can cause a similar problem. But you need to refresh my memory on the complete details of this problem I am afraid.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bob_Velke

====> RE: U.S. vs Metric

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:42 am

Sending you samples by mail.____-Bob

kfleming

=====> RE: U.S. vs Metric

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:27 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 08:43 AM (EST)]Got them and I will have a look some time later today.__My guess is that Snap to Grid might be the culprit.__Try turning snap to grid off and see if it helps.__Kathleen__R&R Support