Version 10 Printing Problems

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DAG

Version 10 Printing Problems

Post by DAG » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:52 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-02 AT 03:39 PM (EST)]I have been getting memory errors when printing with version ten. One involves ^Rlcat illegal operation^ error message. Other error messages tell me there is not enough memory and/or a printer spool error.____Another feature of this problem is that during print preview, the font size of the report will become grossly enlarged and distorted.__Then the memory error occurs. ____These errors are occuring with basic reports that ran under ver 9 with no problems at all. ____The problem is beginning to impede day to day functions. I need to resolve it. Help would be very much appreciated.____ADDENDUM---upon further investigating, I believe that I have found the problem. After boot-up, the system resources are 95%. I then went directly into R&R, ran one report, exited, then checked resources. The percent had dropped to 71%. I then went back into R&R ran another report, exited, checked resources, then repeated. Each time, system resources kept dropping. The error messages came when system resources hit 41%.____What can be done to prevent this? I did not have the problem with version 9. ____DAG

kfleming

=> RE: Version 10 Printing Problems

Post by kfleming » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:30 pm

Try adding the line:__Dictionary=0____in the Defaults section of your c:windows rw.ini.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Cinthia_Reed_(Guest)

==> RE: Version 10 Printing Problems

Post by Cinthia_Reed_(Guest) » Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:37 pm

I am having the same type errors with my Version 10 of R&R. Long reports will print 13-23 pages then error - and be out of memory. I^ve tried adding the line below to the RRW.INI file and it made no difference.____I can^t install the version 10 on our network for all users until this issue is resolved. Any other suggestions? Has anyone found a solution?____Cindy____>Try adding the line: __>Dictionary=0 __>__>in the Defaults section of your c:windows rw.ini. __>__>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __

KamorkasKn

==> RE: Version 10 Printing Problems

Post by KamorkasKn » Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:54 pm

I^m experiencing the same problem with R&R v.10.0.010 and I can only preview a couple of times before I get the same insufficient memory message. It happens with all the reports with runtime or with the report designer....

kfleming

===> RE: Version 10 Printing Problems

Post by kfleming » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:07 am

I need more information about your O/S and the printer you have selected. Since a number of users have reported this, there is certainly a problem. But so far, we have not been able to reproduce it in house so that we have something tangible to fix.______Kathleen__R&R Support

KamorkasKn

====> RE: Version 10 Printing Problems

Post by KamorkasKn » Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:17 pm

Kathleen,____My OS is Win95/Win98 and the selected printer is HP LaserJet 1100.__My reports were converted from RP1 -> RP5. Before, I used RR 6.0 DOS with the same Clipper files.____Micheline.______