Boxes and word wrap

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bob_Velke

Boxes and word wrap

Post by Bob_Velke » Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:19 am

I am creating a report like a catalog and I want it to be laid out like a grid with a row for each product and columns for name, price, and description. I want lines separating the rows and columns so I inserted boxes on the record band. The description field is wordwrapped, however, and when the record height grows the box height doesn^t! The same thing happens if I use vertical lines.____What is the problem??____-Bob____

kfleming

=> RE: Boxes and word wrap

Post by kfleming » Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:46 am

Group by product and have the box start on a product group header and finish on a product group footer. Use a record band for the word wrapped fields and it should give you the desired result.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bob_Velke

==> RE: Boxes and word wrap

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:21 am

Thanks but putting the top and bottom of the box on their own band lines (product header and footer) adds two lines between each product so it looks triple spaced. That solution would be ok if I were allowed to reduce the size of the band to the width of the box^s line but I can^t get it anywhere near that small.____-Bob

kfleming

===> RE: Boxes and word wrap

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:30 am

Make sure that snap to grid is not enabled. If it is on, it limits band size to grid increments. If it is off, you can make your band line as small as you want.____Kathleen__R&R Support