Widows and groups

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Bob_Velke

Widows and groups

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:05 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-03 AT 02:11 AM (EST)]If a group doesn^t completely fit on the current page, I want it to print on the next page. That is, I don^t want a group header and one or two lines at the bottom of a page. If there a way to do this?____I don^t want every group on its own page either.____Thanks.____-Bob

kfleming

=> RE: Widows and groups

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:26 am

R&R should make sure that if a group band appears on a page that at least one record of that group should appear on the same page.__I will look at the sample that you sent to me where the image extends to the page footer.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Bob_Velke

==> RE: Widows and groups

Post by Bob_Velke » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:14 pm

>> R&R should make sure that if a group band appears on a page __>> that at least one record of that group should appear on __>> the same page.____Yes, but I don^t want just one record of the group to appear. If a group doesn^t fit on a page then I want the whole group to be moved to the next page. But I don^t want _every_ group to be forced to a new page.____I wouldn^t care as much if there were a solution to the image-in-the-footer problem.____-Bob

kfleming

===> RE: Widows and groups

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:34 pm

By making the group header big enough for the whole image and having the image in the header, things should work better for you I hope.____Kathleen__R&R Support