RR10 WIN2K rrw.exe generated errors

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Conrad_S

RR10 WIN2K rrw.exe generated errors

Post by Conrad_S » Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:19 pm

Whenver I am exiting R&R I get the following message displayed in a "Program Error" window.__------------------------------------------------__RRW.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.__You will need to restart the program.____An error log is being created. __------------------------------------------------__It appears that that whatever was being done was done correctly; however, the error window appears with each execution of rrw.exe.

Tom_Freitas_(Guest)

=> RR10 WIN2K rrw.exe generated errors

Post by Tom_Freitas_(Guest) » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:13 pm

Rename the file CDINTF.DLL to something else. This file is the file that creates pdf^s ____If you need to create PDF^s, then put the rrw directory and files on another drive and it should work.____There is some kind of a clash between acrobate and the CDINTF.DLL when they are on the same drive. It does not happen to everyone, but it does happen to enough.____I do not believe that this is a problem the R&R can solve. I think that it is something to do with Acrobate.____Good Luck

Eddie_Marshall

==> RR10 WIN2K rrw.exe generated errors

Post by Eddie_Marshall » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:03 am

My understanding is that is an issue if you do not have network permission to add/remove printers. So if you have this permission you won^t get the error.

Tom_Freitas_(Guest)

===> RR10 WIN2K rrw.exe generated errors

Post by Tom_Freitas_(Guest) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:21 pm

I am using XP Pro on a laptop and not connected to a network. If I have reports on the same drive that my R&R directory is in and run a report, I get the error. If I move everything to another directory, then I do not get the error.____This error does not occur for everyone. It did not happen to me with Windows 98, but after I upgrade to XP, I then started receiving the error message upon exiting the report generator. ____The same holds true, if you create an xbase program and try to run a report on the same drive. ____Tom Freitas

Chris_Barnes

====> RR10 WIN2K rrw.exe generated errors

Post by Chris_Barnes » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:19 am

Hi,____Have you checked whether or not you have administrative rights set on your user profile under XP. When using 95/98, permissions do not apply under the FAT/FAT32 file system, it may be that when you upgraded you were not assigned admin rights on the local PC automatically____Hope this helps