Conditional Column Printing

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Scott_Pierson_(Guest)

Conditional Column Printing

Post by Scott_Pierson_(Guest) » Thu May 22, 2003 10:52 pm

xbase v. 9.0__I am quite aware of Report Writer^s ability to do conditional line (record/group) printing. Can it do anything in the way of printing an entire column conditionally?

Thomas_Freitas_(Guest)

=> RE: Conditional Column Printing

Post by Thomas_Freitas_(Guest) » Fri May 23, 2003 9:25 am

In short yes! Go to the Band Line Property by doing a right click in the band line area and selecting properties. You will see a pulldown called Logical Field.____You first create a logical variable, (T or F, Y or N)based on the condition you want to use in order to determine if you want to print a line or not.____I use this for displaying lines of repairs to railcars with sub totals of money after each car that is repaired. If the line count for a car is only one, then I do not show a sub total, since it is not needed. It works great!____I first count the lines based on the grouping that I want. Then I make a logical variable, m_print = IIF(line_cnt = 1, .f.,.t.). In the band line property logical field, I select m_print and then select the radio button that states Print When True.________Below is a description from the help menu about this setting:____Logical Field Settings____Logical Field_Control field whose value determines whether the currently selected line is printed for a particular record. Select a field name from the list or select None to remove the logical condition.____Print When True_Print the currently selected line when the value of the specified control field is True, not empty, or non-zero.__Print WhenFalse_Print the currently selected line when the value of the specified control field is False, empty, or zero.____© 2000 Liveware Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.