RWriter on Windows XP Professional

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
a_rosenbaum_(Guest)

RWriter on Windows XP Professional

Post by a_rosenbaum_(Guest) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:45 pm

I have just installed RR version 10 on Windows XP Professional____The program takes a long time to boot up and crashes intermittly____Are there any fixes to this problem____Thank you

Dwayne_Childers_(Guest)

=> RE: RWriter on Windows XP

Post by Dwayne_Childers_(Guest) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:43 pm

Same here, but on Windows XP home. It doesn^t seem to do any harm, and processes the reports correctly, but obviously this shouldn^t be happening.____I^m also getting errors loading the VB projects, but though they ultimately run ok.____Check back here tomorrow evening, I^m going to try it on another XP computer, and see if it seems to be a general problem.____

Dwayne_Childers_(Guest)

==> RE: RWriter on Windows XP

Post by Dwayne_Childers_(Guest) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:59 am

R&R 10+ errors on Windows XP:____SETUP/INSTALLATION OF R&R__=========================__While Copying ODBC file, at 88 percent:__Window with title ^Setup^, ^String variable is not large enough for string. Check the string for declarations. Error 401^______RUNNING R&R DESIGNER__====================__Error report when closing, this is the Xbase edition, but similar errors with the SQL version:____Error signature___AppName: rrw.exe_AppVer: 10.1.1.0_Modame: rrw.exe___ModVer: 10.1.1.0_Offset: 000ae6fd____

kfleming

===> RE: RWriter on Windows XP

Post by kfleming » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:17 pm

There was a problem in installing the XML ODBC driver on XP.__Email me directly with your mailing address and I will send you an updated CD that corrects the problem.__Also did you use a Step Up or a Full Install CD?____Kathleen__R&R Support__kfleming@livewarepub.com

Dwayne_Childers_(Guest)

====> RE: RWriter on Windows XP

Post by Dwayne_Childers_(Guest) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:57 am

__Not sure if you wanted a reply within the forum as well, but anyway you should have the private email.____I believe the CD was a full install. I had a previous version, but it seemed to have just installed everything from scratch.____

kfleming

=====> RE: RWriter on Windows XP

Post by kfleming » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:54 pm

I have not yet received an email from you with your mailing address.__Can you re-send?____Thanks.____Kathleen__R&R Support__kfleming@livewarepub.com__

Ken_(Guest)

=====> RE: RWriter on Windows XP

Post by Ken_(Guest) » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:56 pm

__>>I have not yet received an email from you with your mailing address.__Can you re-send?<<____Kathleen,____I forwarded you the email from August 8th. If you don^t receive it by tomorrow, please let me know, thanks.____

Dwayne_Childers_(Guest)

======> RE: RWriter on Windows XP

Post by Dwayne_Childers_(Guest) » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:47 pm

I have had the same problems as described above pertaining to the string variables. I continued to use. Then I had printing crashes and now while I was modifying a report for a different master file.____Unistalled completely then reinstalled v10 with the update found on your site. Still crashes. Frustrating when in the middle of modifying. Have to go back to last saved.____Xp Pro__512__p4 2ghz.