LiveWare Policy on bug fixes

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
SimonBray

LiveWare Policy on bug fixes

Post by SimonBray » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:09 pm

What is LiveWare Publishing^s position on providing bug fixes to versions other than the latest version. There are a few bugs arising from using R&R with Windows XP and as far as I can see only version 10+ will be getting any bug fixes. Seeing as how I have a mixed environment of R&R 9 and R&R 10.0 and that I see no functional reason to acquiring 10.1 it disturbs me to think that LiveWare will not be providing patches to these versions (especially 10.0).____Please confirm that my fears are unjustified.____Any progress on fixing the WinXP RRWRUN Winspool problem ?______Regards,__Simon Bray :-(

kfleming

=> RE: LiveWare Policy on bug fixes

Post by kfleming » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:48 pm

We think that we have the winspool problem corrected in the latest 10.1 update. It has always been our policy to correct problems only in the current release rather than porting changes backward.____If you have a reasonable case, we will make every effort to do the right thing so that you can continue to be success with R&R and so that we can continue to be financially solvent.____Kathleen__R&R Support