rrwrun.exe error in Win2000 and XP

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
alaggio

=> rrwrun.exe error Win2000 and XP

Post by alaggio » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:58 pm

Greg,__as you can see in my last message in the forum, we also have a lot of problems using RR, XP and the generation of pdf files.__The diference between us is that we are using RR version 9.0.009. __We just could not find a way of solving this problem.__The worst part is that in some XP machines RR works fine, but hangs in another ones.We tried a lot of combinations of dlls and also tried to put them in different directories. Image the problem to distribute the software to a lot of users!!!I thought that version 10 had solved the problem, but as you said the problem is still there.__Do you have any idea of what to do?__Best regards,__Marcelo Alaggio__alaggio@delphus-inf.com.br____

Greg_Neyman_(Guest)

==> RE: rrwrun.exe error Win2000 and XP

Post by Greg_Neyman_(Guest) » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:27 pm

Well since I have had no luck in eliminating the errors using R&R rrwrun.exe version 10+, I have gone back to the 8.0 runtime and dll^s. Although this runtime is not current, it is one that does not generate the errors in any operating system I^ve tested (Win95, Win98, Win2000 or WinXP). So, until the current problems are solved, I^ll stick with the old runtime to keep customers happy.____Still looking for answers....____Greg

kfleming

===> RE: rrwrun.exe error Win2000 and XP

Post by kfleming » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:33 pm

What happens if you do a full R&R install on a problem machine?__Does it then work correctly?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Greg_Neyman_(Guest)

====> RE: rrwrun.exe error Win2000 and XP

Post by Greg_Neyman_(Guest) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:23 am

No, we have a computer (laptop) that has R&R installed on and it still errors when calling the runtime.____Greg

alaggio

=====> RE: rrwrun.exe error Win2000 and XP

Post by alaggio » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:50 pm

Greg,____can you email me?__I am interested in the solution you are using to solve RR^s problems with XP.____

Jamesbom

====> RE: rrwrun.exe error Win2000 and XP

Post by Jamesbom » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:59 pm

Was there every a solution to this problem? I am on 9.0 Xbase edition, and recently replaced my computer going from Win98 to Win2000, and I get the same "Red ^X^ not found" eror when I run reports using rrwrun.exe /t"reportname"; and have had to go back to 6.5 to run these reports on my computer.____Lee Tanney__Epic Management
Пробив информации по гос базам, мобильным и банкам

Greg_Neyman_(Guest)

Post by Greg_Neyman_(Guest) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:20 am

Lee,____We were never able to solve the problem and I know several other people could not as well. We had to go back to the 8.0 runtime and that works for us. I^m not sure what the difference is and tech support at Liveware can^t seem to reproduce the problems, so I don^t think too high of a priority is placed on solving them for those of us who are experiencing them!

Owen_Graupman_(Guest)

Post by Owen_Graupman_(Guest) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:14 pm

Not sure if this helps...but we had a similar problem with our R&R runtime distribution (R&R reporting that it cant find the report when it exists, and the problem exists randomly on different machines). The solution is to make sure that the casing of the report name EXACTLY matches the casing used in the control file or elsewhere.____For example, if the report name is AllWIP.RSW, make sure you type AllWIP.RSW in the control file, not allwip.rsw, or AllWIP.rsw. Not sure why this causes problems with R&R but it helped our distribution.