First 10 results

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Planet_DJ_(Guest)

First 10 results

Post by Planet_DJ_(Guest) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:43 pm

Just performing a simple lookup of data using RR, but instead of reporting back ALL results, I only want to return the first XX results for each category int he database.____I already know how to pull all data, and break down by category (GROUP). Just trying to find out how to strip the results to the "Top 10".____Thanks!____Chris__

kfleming

=> RE: First 10 results

Post by kfleming » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:30 pm

You could create a total field that is a count and resets for each group. Then create a calculated field with expression CNT<=10 and use this as a logical field to control printing of the band line.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Planet_DJ_(Guest)

==> RE: First 10 results

Post by Planet_DJ_(Guest) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:02 pm

I don^t see CNT. Is this a new feature?____I^m running R&R, Xbase ver. 9.0

John_Lewis_(Guest)

===> RE: First 10 results

Post by John_Lewis_(Guest) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:54 am

Chris:____If you re-read Kathleen^s message carefully, what she is telling you is that you can create your own TOTAL field called CNT or MYTOTAL etc. When you create a total field it can be a sum total or a count total etc. You want a count total. After you create this total field next create a calculated field, call it say ok2print and type the following expression:____ IIF(MYTOTAL <= 10, TRUE, FALSE)____Now right click in the left hand pane, (the one showing coloured bands), precisely on the report line you want to limit to the first 10 records, in the dialogue box click on the little down arrow next to Logical field control and look in the drop down list for the second field you created, OK2Print.____Next click the radio button, Print When True. then click OK You can use this procedure on any other lines you want to limit.______Hope this helps____John Lewis__

John_Lewis_(Guest)

===> RE: First 10 results

Post by John_Lewis_(Guest) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:03 am

Chris____Just re-read my post and forgot one important step which might throw you. After right clicking in the left hand pane you will see a pop-up menu. Left click the Properties menu item to display the dialogue box I was describing.____Sorry for confusion. By the way, I am not an R&R employee, simply a big fan of it for many years now and trying to help others if I can.____Regards____John Lewis