R&R V9 general problems

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Owen_Graupman_(Guest)

R&R V9 general problems

Post by Owen_Graupman_(Guest) » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:16 pm

Kathleen,____We^ve been using R&R SQL version 9 (last patch) for a couple of years now to distribute reports with our packaged Microsoft Access application using the R&R runtime. Unfortunatly, we^ve had sporadic problems with R&R crashing when attempting to execute reports. The platform doesn^t matter; Win98, ME, 2000, and XP computers all generate the problems, however, older computers tend to generate more errors than newer computers.____Some of the error^s we receive (sorry I don^t have the exact text):____1). A general GPF type error when closing a report...I believe this is caused by R&R trying to uninstall the PDF driver. Unfortunaltly, we use the PDF driver quite often, and can^t afford to disable this feature. We get the GPF regardless of platform. Firing off several reports in a short time will practically guarantee this error will occur.____2). An R&R error, "object has disconnected from the data source", occurrs randomly when we attempt to start the runtime. This is the most common error on XP machines. No reports will function correctly until we close our application and re-open it.____3). Another R&R error, "Cannot open file C:Program FilesApplicationReportsAllWIP.RSW", occurs quite often. We^ve determined that casing of the filenames affects the frequency of this error...for example, if we named the report file AllWIP.RSW, we need to make sure that when calling the OCX, that we tell it to look for AllWIP.RSW, rather than something like AllWIP.rsw or allwip.rsw. Unfortunatly, fixing the casing has only reduced, not eliminated this error.____Having the full R&R package installed doesn^t seem to affect the frequency of the errors (I get them on my development machine, though not as often). ____Any thoughts on what I can do? My boss has told me to fix this or rip out R&R and replace it with something else (Ack!)____Thanks in advance,__-Owen Graupman__

kfleming

=> RE: R&R V9 general problems

Post by kfleming » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:19 am

You could try an upgrade to the latest 10+ release and see if it behaves better for you. It should definitely correct the crash on close problem and may well help with the rest.____Kathleen__R&R Support